Posts Tagged ‘ Ultramarines ’
I have finished painting my Land speeder, all different weapons have been magnetised as shown in a previous post.
Initially I thought this would be a pretty simple model to paint, but it was a monster to paint and it took a lot of time. Same techniques as for the drop pod and dreadnought was used to create wear and tear effect on the hull.
I choose to ignore the transparent base and build a new one from a standard round base. The half barrel and metal pole was taken from the 40k battlefield accessories pack. The barb wire was made by twining two wires together.
Overall I am pretty happy with the result of the land speeder, there are some things I would have done differently when painting the hull. but I am happy with the result.
Finished my dreadnought for the Ultramarines army. This is my first miniature which I painted where I imagined several light sources shining on the miniature. The light sources where positioned on the four corner of the miniature and all shadows and highlights where painted according to them.
Will try to paint using coloured light on a later project. Which will bring out the effect of multiple lighting more then what it did here.
I used the same weathering and battle scaring as the drop pod since the dreadnought had a lot of blank surfaces that needed to get some details. I also a few bullet holes on the left shoulder.
Decided to take a break from my tactical marines and started on my dreadnought. Been focusing on painting the armour using wet blending (or feathering techniques, don’t know which term is the correct) to even out the transition from the different shades of blue.
Weapons and feet’s have not been touch yet and was not put in place for the picture.
While painting it I imagine four light sources around him, which are located in the corners of an rectangle just above the model. All lightning and shadings are then painted after these light sources.
For the base the idea was to continue on the urban warfare theme and I wanted to create something that wasn’t just grey. So the general idea was to create a base with a crater where the under laying soil was showing. Still need to add some more debris to the base but so far I am happy with the result.
Depending on the outcome of this project I might enter this in the local GW painting competition here in Gothenburg.
I have finished the first batch of tactical marines the backbone of any space marine army. Click on the picture for a larger version.
I also received some new goodies in the mail today, got almost all marines needed for my final 1500 points army now.
10 x Space marine scouts
5 x Space marine sternguard veteran squad
5 x Space marine vanguard veteran squad